My name is Dr. Prior and I am a work psychologist from Richmond, Virginia. I help people work smarter, not harder.
- For work – I teach, write, consult, and conduct research. I find it an honor to be a work psychologist because the area of work is so important to individual wellness and to society in general.
- For fun – I write, teach yoga, learn about art, and take day hikes with my spouse (and our two dogs).
If you would like to work with me, below are my current services.
- Organizational Development
- Change Management
- Survey & Data Analytics
- Individual Development (8-Dimensions of Wellness)
- Career Coaching (change, transition, burnout, problem solving, etc.)
- Manuscript Development, APA Formatting, and Dissertation Coaching
- Professional Development
- Problem Solving
- Motivation & Wellness
The packages below can be used for individuals or for small groups in organizations. If you need more information, then please check out Work Dimensions – here- or visit the contact page – here – and leave me a message.
I would love to work with you.
Please visit the contact page – here – leave a message, and I will get back with you.
MORE ABOUT DR. PRIOR
- My PhD is in Industrial-Organizational Psychology, which is the area of business psychology that examines the fit between the worker and the workplace. This training, combined with an eclectic mix of work experience, has helped me hone skills in human motivation, organizational development, and work-life balance.
- My varied background includes working in education, management, social work, hospitality, and writing. I also volunteer and do outreach, which varies each year.
- With more than two decades of teaching, training, and analyzing across diverse work environments, I have helped numerous businesses make changes for improving organizational effectiveness. I understand the intricate, woven layers of human behavior and the interplay of perceptions, culture, stakeholder roles, and outcomes.
- I make training and learning fun. With a science and arts background, I have creative ideas for enriching meetings and motivating participants.
- I aim for excellence with professionalism, while I also have a pleasant and flexible style. Kindness goes a long way and it augments teaching, leading, planning, and advising.
- I have experience, in and outside of the classroom, of connecting with people from diverse backgrounds. Differences are what give the world flavor and the goal is not necessarily to have sameness; instead, the goal is for inclusion and respect so that we find unity with our many differences. I respect and enjoy working with people from diverse backgrounds – and this trickles into everything I do.
- My mission is to educate, empower, and edify people.